• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Page contains renderable text" error instead of size error

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent hours tracking down a problem with Acrobat Pro XI (11.0.19 in Windows 10 64-bit) giving a "Page contains renderable text" error. I have a PDF created directly from scanned TIFFs, and when running OCR on the document I kept getting the renderable text error. I tried recreating the PDF with other software and everything else I could think of, and consistently got this error. Even a single page created directly from an image gave this error.

Eventually on a whim I fiddled with the OCR settings, changing the setting to Searchable Image instead of ClearScan, and instead of the renderable text error received a different error message: "This page is larger than the maximum page size of 45 inches by 45 inches."

That explained the problem: the original pages were small, but clearly at some point in the workflow the image files were getting the wrong DPI setting and showing up with huge dimensions. So I went back to the image files and noted that they had the wrong DPI (72 instead of 600), yielding a huge page size. I changed the DPI with a graphic program, recreated the PDF, and it all worked fine.

Clearly Acrobat is throwing the wrong error message in this case. I wonder if many of the people who, over the years, have reported mysterious "renderable text" errors on this forum are victims of the same problem. !

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the issue you faced.This issue was known and already fixed in later versions of Acrobat.

Not even this, we also fixed first issue related to image size in Acrobat DC. So I suggest you to please use trial version of latest Acrobat DC. Download Adobe Acrobat free trial | Acrobat Pro DC. Also, you have an option while installing Acrobat DC that it won't impact your Acrobat 11.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update; this is good to know.

This is a computer owned by my employer, which has a license for XI but not DC, so I would have to wait for the organization to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile, you can use trial version of latest Acrobat DC. Download Adobe Acrobat free trial | Acrobat Pro DC

It will solve your issue as of now. Trial version will work without key for a month. You will get to know there are numerous new features available in this product.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the latest release of Acrobat DC on 11th April 2017, the issue of error "Page contains renderable text" has been resolved for all the files. Go to What's new in Adobe Acrobat DC for more details.

To get the latest product update, click on the menu Help-> Check for updates

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines