8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2017 7:20 AM by Sandee Cohen

Hyperlink works in InDesign, but not in exported PDF

kellies50617532 Level 1

This is a twofer.

1)  I have a hyperlink that will take the user to an informative online video. When I check in the hyperlink panel the link is a green light, no problems. I click the green light and get whisked right to the functioning webpage. However, once I export the interactive PDF and test the link, I keep getting a a page that says the content is expired or timed out. However, if I go right back to the InDesign document, the link and online video are fine. Is there anything I can do to fix this? All the other hyperlinks are working fine from both InDesign and PDF.

2)  The images in the exported PDF look like crap. I have adjusted resolution, checked the original images, etc and everything is fine, but the exported images look bad. I have tried exporting multiple times with different settings, and the attached images are as good as it gets. I have tried just exporting as an epub and the images look great, but the hyperlinks that are telephone numbers don't work at all that way. If there is a setting I can use for the epub that makes all the hyperlinks work, I would like to use that, but if I have to use a pdf, what do i need to do to get the images to look better?

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 4.32.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-13 at 4.31.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-13 at 4.31.45 PM.png

Thanks everyone!