4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2017 8:35 AM by John T Smith

non "certified" GPU cards with Premiere cc 2017

florence581149

So I've read so many different and contradictory things on this forum in the past few weeks regarding the use of non-certified graphic cards with the latest version of Premiere. From what I understood, adobe is no longer testing the latest NVIDIA GeForce cards, but with a minimum of 1GB of vram and the correct settings in Premiere, it is said that the GPU acceleration should work. Yet I have seen that it caused many problems to a lot of people, especially with the 2017 update of Premiere.

I am looking to buy a PC (to work mainly with Premiere 2017) and by now I have pretty much all of the configuration figured out, except for the GPU. I don't have a large budget but I'm also not a professionnal (yet), so I was thinking of something in the GeForce 900 serie. I can't really afford a Quadro, and I don't see the point of purchasing an older and less powerful GeForce just because it is on the GPU certified list, if, indeed, a non certified card could work...

I would therefore like to know the level of risk I would take by purchasing a non certified card and if there is any better option...

and maybe having some reviews from current Premiere 2017 users with a recent GTX card.

So many thanks!

-a desesperate self-taught beginner.