• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is InCopy CC2017 Compatible with InDesign CC2015?

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I set up a digital production workflow that incorporates the Creative Cloud subscription version of CC2017 InCopy (Mac) with a designer using CC2015 InDesign (Mac) and a writer using a stand-alone version of InCopy (PC)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

There is no such thing as CC2010.

CS6, CC, CC2014, CC2015 and CC2017 are all included with Creative Cloud subscriptions. As long your machines meet the requirements you can have any or all of them installed at the same time.

Get them all together and figure out what version you need to settle on but it has to be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No and why would you want to? The subscription assures that all parties can be on the same version.

Not sure what you mean by stand alone version but if you’re referring a purchased license of pre-CC InCopy, that won’t work. The good news is that a subscription to InCopy only is $60/year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob!

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to set up a digital workflow between freelancers who are on disparate versions of InDesign and InCopy. I subscribe to CC so I have the latest 2017 Mac versions. My designer is using CC2015 Mac InDesign and one of my editors/writers has CC2010 InCopy on a PC.

Are you saying that none of them can share files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no such thing as CC2010.

CS6, CC, CC2014, CC2015 and CC2017 are all included with Creative Cloud subscriptions. As long your machines meet the requirements you can have any or all of them installed at the same time.

Get them all together and figure out what version you need to settle on but it has to be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines