• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Lightroom require an internet connect? Also...

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving to regional Australia next week and won't have an internet connection for 3 - 4 months.

Will Lightroom try to authenticate my CC subscription (I'm on the basic photography plan with Lightroom and Photoshop), I just don't want it to stop working while I'm out there as I have 2000+ photos to sort through and retouch.

ALSO

Is there anyway to transfer to a permanent license? I've had my subscription for over a year so I feel like I've already paid for what it's worth. I mean after 10 years I'll have paid over $1000. Doesn't seem fair to keep us paying forever...

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

After you have done the initial install and version updates, the only required internet communication required is to verify the on-going subscription. If you are on the monthly plan, you need internet access every 30 days. If I remember correctly, the yearly payment plan lets you go 90 days between subscription checks.

After $1000 over ten years, you will probably have received 6 major version upgrades and many minor version updates for both Lightroom and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you have done the initial install and version updates, the only required internet communication required is to verify the on-going subscription. If you are on the monthly plan, you need internet access every 30 days. If I remember correctly, the yearly payment plan lets you go 90 days between subscription checks.

After $1000 over ten years, you will probably have received 6 major version upgrades and many minor version updates for both Lightroom and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe site shows "1 calendar month +99 days"

In the detail panel- "After one calendar month + 99 days, one final offline product launch is available"

Internet connectivity, offline grace period, and reminders | Adobe Creative Cloud apps

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest I'm quite happen with the current version and would much prefer buying a standalone product that I can use whenever I want rather than a subscription based model that keeps you paying forever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

stuontour wrote:

To be honest I'm quite happen with the current version and would much prefer buying a standalone product that I can use whenever I want rather than a subscription based model that keeps you paying forever

Seems to me that's easy to say that when you are using the current version. But if there is another standalone version in the future you might want the additional features that are available. And upgrades are not free. Interim updates are free, but when a new grade is released there will be an upgrade charge. If you decide to purchase upgrades as they come you really won't be saving that much money. Also, remember that there are some features in your creative cloud version that will go away when you switch to a standalone version. That might not be a concern for you. But it's something to consider..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stuontour wrote:

I'm moving to regional Australia next week and won't have an internet connection for 3 - 4 months.

You absolutely certain there will be zero internet? How regional is regional? Outback? Kimberleys?

I live in Australia and I've always managed to get some connection somewhere in the Outback.

Just wondering if this is such a deal breaker since you're going to need at least 3 monthly connection with Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get a connection from the top of the hill, guess I'll have to take my laptop for a walk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines