New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version: CC 2015.8 [ 1099473 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 10

Version: 10.0

New to Lightroom after downloading it a few days ago.  When I opened the program the first screen had buttons IMPORT and CANCLE in the lower right.   I opened it tonight and those buttons are gone.  Now when I open the program the first page is a Library Page with the following choices at the top:  Text Attribute Metadata None

I now have to click on FILE and then click on import photos to get to the page which has the import button.

How can I get the opening page to display the IMPORT button as it originally did?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

The initial opening of Lightroom into the Import dialog was done only because you opened an empty catalog.

Now that your catalog has images, Lightroom will remember which mode (library, develop, etc) you were last in.

From the Library module (the main module), you can get to the Import dialog using the menus like you did or by using the "import" button in the bottom left corner of the Library module.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The initial opening of Lightroom into the Import dialog was done only because you opened an empty catalog.

Now that your catalog has images, Lightroom will remember which mode (library, develop, etc) you were last in.

From the Library module (the main module), you can get to the Import dialog using the menus like you did or by using the "import" button in the bottom left corner of the Library module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  The issue is that there is no import button any more on the left bottom of the library page.  The screenshot below shows what comes up when I open the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press F5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you mean F7 Jon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep F7

You can hide individual side panels and top/bottom to gain more screen real estate using F5, F6, F7 & F8. Press the same keys to bring them back.

Or press the tab key for a one-click trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A million thank yous.  I have a surface pro 4 and just FYI F5 does not achieve the desired goal but F7 does!  thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or hit the Tab key twice to hide/show side panels. Your left side panel is hidden. Or just Mouse, cursor, over the left edge of the screen to expose the hidden panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines