• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video not visible after uploading to PreEle11

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My video isn't visible after I upload the file to Premiere Elements 11.  It doesn't seem to be a codec problem as I checked G-Spot and it says correct audio and video codecs are installed.  The avi files play fine on G-Spot and the Movies & TV applications.  I recently got the new laptop and the problem may be related to something on it as my old Windows 7 laptop didn't have this problem.

Would you please help me?

System info:

Windows 10 Home OS

.avi file type

Premiere Elements v 11.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

It's an AVI using the H.264 codec -- which doesn't sit well with Premiere Elements.

Easiest solution is to run it through the free download Handbrake and convert it to a 1280x720 MP4.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What codec does G Spot report the file uses and what format is the file?

What model of camcorder did the video come from?

Also, do you have Quicktime 7 installed, per the program's system requirements? It provides important codec information for version 11 of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, thanks.  I use a Kodak Zi8 hand-held camcorder.  Quicktime v7.7.9 is installed on the laptop.  Here is the G-Spot file analysis:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an AVI using the H.264 codec -- which doesn't sit well with Premiere Elements.

Easiest solution is to run it through the free download Handbrake and convert it to a 1280x720 MP4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve!  Converting to MP4 worked great.  Now I have another problem-PreEle11 crashed when I tried to burn my disc, but I'll post something separately for that.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines