• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What rig are you using for LR?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently I'm using a 2015 MBP 2.5 ghz quad-core i7 with 16gb ram and iris pro graphics.

I used to have a i7 Surface Book with 16gb ram, but I returned it due to heavy lag in the development module while processing raw photos with 4-5 adjustments (brush, radial filters, graduated filters, etc).

What's your rig and does it work for you?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Get the fastest 4-core CPU you can afford. 8GB or more of memory. SSD optional. You need a GPU that meets the specifications only if you have a 4k or larger monitor.

If you're going to do a moderate to large amount of brushing or spot healing on individual photos, an extremely fast CPU is needed (and I would advise avoiding the 4k or larger monitor in this case).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Get the fastest 4-core CPU you can afford. 8GB or more of memory. SSD optional. You need a GPU that meets the specifications only if you have a 4k or larger monitor.

If you're going to do a moderate to large amount of brushing or spot healing on individual photos, an extremely fast CPU is needed (and I would advise avoiding the 4k or larger monitor in this case).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines