Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set Guide at 50% of the page?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

An easy question for most of you probably, but how do I set a guide at exactly half of my page, both horizontal and vertical? Google says View > New Guide and then add percentages to 50%. But in my indesign version (CC 9.0) there is no option for `new guideĀ“ under the view menu. Is there any way to do this quickly without having to measure where is the half of my page?

I want to put an image in the exact middle of my sheet so therefore the guides would be handy for reference....

Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Hi,

you can use: LAYOUT > CREATE GUIDES > ROWS 2 ā€“ GUTTER 0 ā€“ COLUMNS 2 ā€“ GUTTER 0 ā€“ FIT GUIDES TO PAGE

GUIDE.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

you can use: LAYOUT > CREATE GUIDES > ROWS 2 ā€“ GUTTER 0 ā€“ COLUMNS 2 ā€“ GUTTER 0 ā€“ FIT GUIDES TO PAGE

GUIDE.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Very helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However to place a photo in the middle of the page you can use the smart guides while you drag the photo

Schermata 2017-01-15 alle 11.56.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use the smart guides.

But if you want guides that are always there, I'd use cinciamarotta's suggestion for Create Guides. What's cool about this method is you can divide the page into [EDIT] sixths, etc. at the same time.

Or you can create them manually by drawing a guide on the page and then, with it still selected enter the size of the page divided by 2 for the vertical and horizontal amounts.

For instance, for US Letter size page, you'd enter 8.5"/2 and 11"/2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

annamagdalenaa wrote:

Hi all!

An easy question for most of you probably, but how do I set a guide at exactly half of my page, both horizontal and vertical? Google says View > New Guide and then add percentages to 50%. But in my indesign version (CC 9.0) there is no option for `new guideĀ“ under the view menu.

FYI:

You have the correct answers for InDesign.

Google was telling you about Photoshop, where you can find View > New Guide and type 50%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines