• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects crashed when I try to open media and disk cache preferences?

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a Medion Erazor laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 950m graphics card and am having massive issues with adobe products. On photoshop it says there is an issue with the graphicscard and on after effects it says there is not enough space on the disk cache. When I try and open the media and disk cache settings after effects stops responding and closes.

I am so frustrated at this point as I just spent god knows how much on adobe and this is really annoying me when my much older, slower computer that has a very low rate graphics card can run all adobe products without issues like these.

So, any help would be appreciated as I have no idea what to do at this point.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to delete the Cache folder manually. Perhaps its corrupted. Clean Your After Effects Disk Cache | CreativeDojo

You can also try to delete the After Effects sertings folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE had an issue with preferences crashing that has been fixed in this week's update to AE version 14.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi EienNoWigi,

Sounds pretty frustrating. Did you ever get relief for this issue? Did you try deleting the cache folder or updating your software? Please let us know how you are doing and if you still need help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines