• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 doesn't start

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Lightroom 6 with my Dell computer in August 2016 and installed it successfully back then but have not used the software until now.  When I click on the icon, the program starts to load and then goes into "Non responding mode" - I am running a WIndows 10 machine.  I am afraid to uninstall the program.  I have no idea what to do.  I just wasted $160!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Uninstalling and reinstalling won't do any harm, but it's not likely to fix the problem.

First of all, update to the latest version, by downloading and installing the 6.8 update from here: Install Photoshop Lightroom

If LR still freezes, disabling the GPU might fix the problem, but if you can't access preferences to disable it (Edit > Preferences > Performance), you will have to do it manually by editing the preferences file.

With Lightroom closed, use the File Explorer and navigate to

C:\Users\[yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling and reinstalling won't do any harm, but it's not likely to fix the problem.

First of all, update to the latest version, by downloading and installing the 6.8 update from here: Install Photoshop Lightroom

If LR still freezes, disabling the GPU might fix the problem, but if you can't access preferences to disable it (Edit > Preferences > Performance), you will have to do it manually by editing the preferences file.

With Lightroom closed, use the File Explorer and navigate to

C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences

Open the file Lightroom 6 Preferences.agprefs in a text editor, like Notepad.

Close to the end of the file there is a line that says useAutoBahn = true, - change this to useAutoBahn = false,

Save and close the file. Now try to start Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the original install file on my computer and reinstalled.  This worked - thank you for answering my query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines