2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2017 6:31 PM by jamest7919730

I recently updated CC Lightroom now my iMac 2008 does not run it

jamest7919730

After spending much time editing new pics from a trip to Thailand, the CC Lightroom no longer works (opens) on my iMac 2008, which was working firne before upgrade. VEry frustrated!

• 1. Re: I recently updated CC Lightroom now my iMac 2008 does not run it
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you upgraded and the software stopped working, it might mean that your machine is coming up short on the system requirements for the software.

Lightroom - https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/system-requirements.html

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I recently updated CC Lightroom now my iMac 2008 does not run it
            jamest7919730 Level 1

Yes that is pretty obvious to me. But prior to the update, it worked fine. Now I have lost the ability to do work. I paid for a subscription for the month of January. I am being ripped off money, because half way through I cannot use the subscription any longer. I do not think it is fair that I discover this problem after updating my software in good faith that all would be well after. Now I have to buy a new computer because I updated. There should have been an obvious warning that there maybe an issue with 2008 iMacs after updating.

It's not so much the money, well I guess the $2500.00 I just spent on a Macbook ain't chicken feed. Its the fact I'd already done some work on many photos, now lost. I have had to re-import all the photos onto the Mac book- more time eaten up doing a frustrating resetting up of everything and now I have to go through the inevitable duplicates ect. and reedit all those photos. Progress my ***...LOL

I guess its my tuff luck. The way of the world,... I know...