• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro to Audition - Sequence Edit Live Updating CC 2017?

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is my first time doing Dynamic Link from PPro to Audition, using Context menu > Edit in Adobe Audition > Sequence.

But it turns out that there's revision, trimming, adding and removing clips on PPro sequence. But this is not updating/reflected on Audition.

Is there any workflow to make this happened?

Both PPro and Audition are opened and running. i already have fixed mixing, tracking on the first version edit cut. It would be great if it will updating as i do changes in PPro. Same like with PPro to AE.

Rendering the revised video only and replace it on audition was not our option at this moment. Live updating would be the best.

I'm on Mac

Appreciate for any advices

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless this has changed in CC 2017 there really isn't what I would call a Dynamic Link between PPro and Audition. You export from Premiere to Audition whatever state the timeline was in at that moment.  There isn't any way that I know of to conform changes in the Premiere timeline to update an Audition session. 

I really like having Audition in the Adobe toolkit however the lack of true dynamic linking is a major flaw in my books.

Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lee, Thanks for replying.

I agree with you. It's not the best round trip workflow to Audition. It only work fine with AE though.

it's actually same as exporting to OMF to Pro Tools but less space & time needed. (Logic Pro unable to read PPro OMF)

I choose to use dynamic link to audition simply because (i believe) less storage space needed and i assume it will work the same way as with AE.

I also tried to export revised video track and replace it on Audition's Video Reference track using Context Menu>Link Media and point to the new revised video, but the session's duration was locked on previous sequence state. This is really disappointing. And it doesn't have options to mute the video audio track  

so what's the point of having Dynamic Link to Audition if the session was not dynamically updating with the linked sequence?

Different client, different problem. and picture lock was not on my client's book

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would fully expect Audition to reflect any changes made to the Premiere Pro sequence when using Dynamic Link, but given that Audition is still a destructive editor creating new audio files to work on, I can see where that might not yet be the case.

For now, the point of Dynamic Linking to Audition might only be to avoid having to render out the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Audition been added to Dynamic Link functions in CC 2017?  It definitely is not available in CC 2015.4. All you can do is export a sequence or clip which does not dynamically update if changes are made to the Premiere timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has. now you can choose Dynamic Link from it's drop down menu on Edit to Audition menu in PPro CC 2017

Improve audio with Dynamic Link to Audition | Adobe Premiere Pro CC tutorials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aldy,

Where are you finding this dynamic link function to Audition?

Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on an enterprise licensed version of Adobe Suite. Looks like I will have to make a case to get our IT dept to authorize the 2017 update. I could definitely make use of the expanded Dynamic Link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah they should update it for you.

But don't forget to confirm picture lock before you send it to Audition. Otherwise, it'll be a mess. You'll need to redo everything on your session

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aldy,

If picture lock is required before audio post in Audition, I question how different the new dynamic link is compared to the older export to Audition function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what i've said above mate. No difference. Same like exporting to OMF for Pro Tools. But dynamic link audition can send Stems mixdown ot interleave audio track back to PPro. Watch the video on the link above

In Film & TV industry, Audio post should be done after picture lock. whether you use Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton, Cubase, Vegas, etc, etc,

Audio follows Video. so Video Track reference is lock.

i was expecting Dynamic Link would give something new to the workflow for us... in 2017.. I was wrong..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I inferred above, it does dynamically update if you choose Clip instead of Sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to edit just the audio only choose select the clip, the choose "Clip" to edit the audio. That should dynamically update the audio in the chosen clip when you edit and save in Audition.

If you want to "remix" the audio in Audition, then indeed choose Sequence. This will allow you to alter the audio in Audition to fit the video. This will not dynamically link. I believe you have to save the "remixed" audio and bring it into Premier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's not the case.  I'm doing final mix entire session/sequence. not just single clip.

i got new video cuts here and there in the linked sequence. The linked Audition Multitrack session wont even allow me to extend duration following the new rendered video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines