• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit a stroked path once it has been completed

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am very new to this photoshop  Can any one tell me once you have completed a pen line and stroked it  how can you come back to adjust/edit it at  at a later date?

Colour or shape of line or Bush type colour the only way i have found so far is to create a new layer  then adjust the path if required the re stroke it again with the new settings  for the brush if required

i have a CAD background and we can adjust anything at a any time  i was hoping by editing the pen line the stroked brush would adjust to suit

i have not found anything on this subject sofar

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

If you select Shape rather than Path in the options for the Pen, you can get a stroke that can be updated:

This cannot really give the effect of stroking a path with some fancy Brush preset, though, so that requires doing it the way you've been doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select Shape rather than Path in the options for the Pen, you can get a stroke that can be updated:

This cannot really give the effect of stroking a path with some fancy Brush preset, though, so that requires doing it the way you've been doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Please can you confirm What do you call a fancy shape changes? 

If i have a wavy line that is stroked  with a brush  i can adjust  the shape with the transform tools and its colour the shape changes but the path is not adjusted!

The path stays their is no link between the pen line and the shape of the original stroke once you have finished    

However  if i need to redesign the over all  pen line shape or edit the brush  that i stroke the line with i have been deleting or hiding the layer with the first shape on it and  creating a new layer  editing the path if possible then re stroking  the new shape pen line with  the new brush their appears to be no link between the stroked path and the final shape once it has been stroked

If you adjust the pen line once the line has been  stroked the shape dose not change. 

i assume the best plan is to have one object  on each layer if you need to have the ability to adjust things and edit them at a latter date   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Illustrator would be a better tool for what you're doing because it's a vector graphics editor so you have much more control over strokes.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks i was just trying to see what was and not possible

thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines