• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Published AIR File For Desktop Will Not Install...Verifies Download And Then Quits With No Errors...

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have built a application that is for AIR 23.0.0.257 for Desktop, ActionScript 3.0, and made the published output a Window Installer. I'm able to publish the file and get it saved on my computer, however, when I go to install the file Animate just created, it has a Please Wait loading pop-up, and then goes to Verifying Download loading pop-up. After that, the installer just quits and nothing happens. I do not get any further than that and the application I built is never installed on my computer. It does not give any errors or anything. Just quits.

I should also point out, I used to use Flash Professional to work on this application, so this is an old application that was upgraded when I opened it in Animate CC. I was able to create a new project in Animate CC and publish and install it just fine. So I'm thinking it must be something weird with the upgrade?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

you probably don't have an up-to-date air runtime installed on your system.

what happens if you publish with the runtime embedded:

Screenshot - 1_17_2017 , 9_15_00 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click your air file > click 'run as administrator'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, and it stills quits after verifying the download. I should note that I did try to create a new Animate CC project, and published it to my desktop (output as: Windows Installer), and it installed just fine.

What else could be the issue, as again, it's getting me no errors, so it's somewhat hard to tell if it's something in my project that is no longer supported, or if there something else going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you probably don't have an up-to-date air runtime installed on your system.

what happens if you publish with the runtime embedded:

Screenshot - 1_17_2017 , 9_15_00 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That created a folder on my desktop with the extention .app, and it had the following folders inside Adobe AIR, META-INF, MyApplicationName.exe, MyApplicatinoName.swf, and mimetype file.

But it didn't give any option to "install" the application so that it puts everything in my C drive. I just downloaded a fresh version of Adobe AIR and will try to install it again the normal way, but didn't know if I would have to tell any of my clients who may install the application to have to Install a fresh version of Adobe AIR and install my application seperatly, or is there a way to include both the Adobe Air file and my application in 1 install file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it looked like if I just selected AIR Package as an output type, that does include both the air file and my application, and does just as I want. I forgot to check that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, it does appear the person would need to have Adobe Air installed on their computer prior to the Air Package being able to execute. So it seems I would have to tell the person to first download Adobe Air before they can install my application on their computer correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, unless you embed the runtime with your app, users will need the runtime installed on their computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines