• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage in the timeline doesn't automatically lengthen it

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come when I import footage into the timeline, then I add footage the timeline doesn't automatically add "time" when it's just stuck in the previous footage. FIX THIS [expletives removed] IS THIS? iMovie is working better then my After Effects....

[profanity removed and title changed by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Sorrry, but you don't understand what AE is and expect it to work in a fashion that it isn't designed for. That's all there is to it. It might be a good idea to clear your wrong preconceptions. AE is not an editing tool to begin with and then some... Start by actually reading the help, which clearly you haven't done.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorrry, but you don't understand what AE is and expect it to work in a fashion that it isn't designed for. That's all there is to it. It might be a good idea to clear your wrong preconceptions. AE is not an editing tool to begin with and then some... Start by actually reading the help, which clearly you haven't done.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A) Change your attitude if you really need someone to help you
B) IMovie is a editing tool - AE is a compositing, motion graphics, animation tool
C) if IMovie is so good - stay with it
D) being angry at a software that works different than some other piece of software is like being angry at french guy that can't speak english. You and french guy are communicating and gettung things done - but in different way.
and the most important thing
E) learn basics of a software before you start spilling hate on the web

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you might need your hard drive wiped and OS reinstalled.  I'm not talking about your computer.  I'm talking about YOU.  Seems like you might have received some faulty programming.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you want a video editing application. I would recommend Premiere Pro. It will do exactly what you are asking to have happen. That's because it is also an editing app. After Effects is not a video editing app, so please don't expect it to act like one. As others have mentioned, expecting an orange to taste like a coconut is just going to be frustrating for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines