• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion imagepaste,imageresize errors

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an application that uses cfimage to load an image which is then resized (using imageresize) and overlaid with a watermark (using imagepaste).   It had been running for some time on a UNIX platform and now fails.  The error message is "could not initialize class javax.media.jai.JAI. 

The error occurred with imageresize(imagename,300,"",highestPerformance)  and I can get past that error by using imageresize(imagename,300,"",highPerformance).

However the same error then occurs on Imagepaste(image1,image2,0,0) and I have found no way around that problem.

One development platform is a Win10 CF version 2016,0,03,300466 with Java version 1.8.0_72  and no such errors occur on the test system.

Another development platform is a Win10 CF version 2016,0,0,297996 with Java version 1.8.0_72 and no errors occur on that test system.

The production systems is UNIX CF versionj 2016,0,03,30046 with Java version 1.8.0_72 and errors occur there so the application no longer runs.

The production system is a hosted system that I cannot change or track what has changed but the hosts have not succeeded thus far in finding a fix to this problem.  Need to make some progress on this ASAP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dale,

Looks like, the issue is specific to OS (Unix) or Apache. This might require some troubleshooting back and forth.

dha2  wrote

One development platform is a Win10 CF version 2016,0,03,300466 with Java version 1.8.0_72  and no such errors occur on the test system.

The production systems is UNIX CF versionj 2016,0,03,30046 with Java version 1.8.0_72 and errors occur there so the application no longer runs.

Please reach out to my team at cf.install@adobe.com, with ColdFusion Support contract details. The team will assist you.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem has gone away, with no known change to the host system software.  Earlier, it continued to fail after updates to Java and system reboots.   Then after several days passed, it started working again with both simple test pages and the production application.

I am rewriting the application so that it functions without using imageresize and Imagepaste since if went away without a reason it may likely return and cause the application that had depended on cfimage to again stop functioning.   The application owner does not want to depend on a software feature that may or may not function with no apparent cause or no other dependable way to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here, but appears fixed after revising Java settings to include -XX:+UseG1GC (replacing -XX:+UseParallelGC).

And still appears fixed after changing back to Parallel, but I think G1 setting may be more trustworthy.

ColdFusion 11 Update 13

Java 1.8.0_161

Sandbox security enabled

Windows Server 2012 R2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation