• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Standard DC always scans both sides

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Epson 3620 printer dedicated to our receptionist and two Epson 3640 printers that are used by several people.  All have Acrobat Standard DC. When they scan documents the printer always scans both sides, no matter what the setting is in Acrobat.  It doesn't happen when I use the Epson Scan app, so Epson says it's not their problem.

??

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

You must be doing things correctly. But just for confirmation and find out the root cause, can you please do me a favor.

As per the steps and screen, you shared there seems a mismatch.

On 'configure preset' dialog you changed settings for 'Autodetect color mode' but while scanning you used Grayscale preset.

All of these presets are independent. Changing any value in once won't effect other. So if you want to scan with Grayscale Document' preset, you need to select 'Front side' for Grayscale preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat we have an option to scan front side or both side. So can you please confirm at what settings you are scanning. Please share the screens of settings you are scanning with.

If you are scanning from any preset like (Autodetect color mode, Greyscale Document etc), all of these have different settings. You will need to change the setting of that preset on clicking (*) in front of that preset.

Thanks.

BothSides.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't believe me, hum?  <grin>

Acrobat.jpg

I clicked Save | Close | Create | PDF from Scanner | Grayscale.

It scanned both sides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be doing things correctly. But just for confirmation and find out the root cause, can you please do me a favor.

As per the steps and screen, you shared there seems a mismatch.

On 'configure preset' dialog you changed settings for 'Autodetect color mode' but while scanning you used Grayscale preset.

All of these presets are independent. Changing any value in once won't effect other. So if you want to scan with Grayscale Document' preset, you need to select 'Front side' for Grayscale preset.

Go to 'Configure preset' and on the dialog change preset which you want to scan with(say Grayscale document). Change settings now and save. Scan now with same preset for which you made changes and it will reflect in your scanning.

Preset.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! That's probably it!  I'll check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup, that's it.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines