Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Un-playable or corrupted file" resulting from large export

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Any thoughts on why a video would be unplayable due to "unsupported file type, incorrect file extension, or corrupt file" when exporting a long piece?  Approximately 3hrs 45 minutes long.  With the exact same export settings a 25 minute excerpt from the piece plays just fine.  A little background...  I am trying to export each of the three video tracks from a multicam sequence separately to create a copy of each camera's original footage in it's entirety, before being cut.  I want to export the original footage from each camera as one continuous piece with the mastered audio included.  Thank you for any ideas!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help us to help you, we don't even know what format you exported to.

A screen shot of Export Settings panel will be helpful

Thank you

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thank you, I'll insert a pic of the export settings here (currently exporting just 30 mins of footage but settings are the same).  One other piece here... I was able to export the full track that was shot on a camcorder at 60i AVCHD.  The two problematic tracks were shot on DSLRs at 30p, IPB compression.

Thanks, Joel

IMG_1213.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export each of the three video tracks from a multicam sequence separately to create a copy of each camera's original footage in it's entirety, before being cut.

Why?  It seems a waste of time, to be honest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I'm with Jim, what is the reasoning/intended workflow/benefits of this?

If the DSLR clips are giving you issues, seems like you may want/need to transcode, okay. But don't use H.264, that is very lossy. Use a good intermediate like Cineform and AVID DnXHD .mxf format. Either of those should edit easier than .mp4 anyway, less compression.

And if clips you are converting are 29.97p, put them in a 29.97p sequence and export as 29.97p. You might then just edit the entire project as 29.97p - better results dropping 1080i down to 1080p rather than trying to interlace 1080p shots IMHO. Unless you need to make a Blu-ray, which is 1080i. Lots of factors to consider.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if perhaps the client requested the iso camera shots? If so, don't export as 1080i (interlaced), rather deliver as 1080p. Computers and computer displays don't do interlaced, better results with Progressive for ANY exports you do for computer/online viewing, even if source is interlaced.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim, yes, the client wants original footage exported as one track per cam, versus many individual clips. Thanks for your help, I'll dig into this and see what I can do!

Joel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel,

That makes sense then - if exported clips are for viewing and not editing, then .mp4 is just fine. But again, definitely go with 1080p versus 1080i.

EDIT: Are you exporting a thumb drive/portable drive perhaps? Make sure it is formatted NTFS and not FAT32, or larger files will not work, that could be an issue. I forget, either a 2GB or 4GB file size limit with FAT32

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right on, thanks Jeff!

Joel Peterson

[Personal information removed by moderator]

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 2:10 PM, SAFEHARBOR11 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are going on a USB drive and I've learned that lesson in the past!  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Jeff,

Getting back to this... So the interview is already cut and I have clicked back into the original multicam sequence that shows all tracks so I can export them one at a time.  I believe my machine is maybe having trouble keeping up with itself if that makes sense??  Or a shortage of available storage on my drives (though the SSD I am using has approx 200GB available.  Could writing to a different drive possibly have a successful outcome?  Would you transcode the sequence?  Or would transcoding only pertain to the source files?  Any further suggestions?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines