• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix printing from a pdf file to a pdf file?

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat XI stopped being able to print pdf files from pdf files. Printing to pdf from other documents still works, but then I can't print that pdf to another pdf.

Most of the error log files generated say

"Error: invalidfileaccess; OffendingCommand: pdfmark"

or

"Error generating pdf file. Please retry with these features turned off: CompressObjects."

This just started recently.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a specific answer to your problem, but if you can tell us what you are trying to achieve by printing to a new PDF, perhaps we can suggest an alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can buy a windows machine! You can still print to PDF there. On a Mac I have been saving to postscript and then distilling back to PDF. Kind of a pain, but it works when you need print features not available in regular output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines