Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting a Sequence/Frame Size

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

When I create a project I drag in a screen recording and it automatically creates a sequence with a frame size of 1920 x 1080 as that is the screen size. Is there a way I can create a frame of 1280 x 720 and scale the screen recording down?

I have the latest version of Adobe Premiere

Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

If the sequence is empty and you drag a clip in that has a different resolution the program will ask: change or keep settings.

In this case keep settings.

Go to File / New / Sequence and pick the avchd 720p preset with framerate that matches your footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best to leave it at 1920x1080 and export to 1280x720.

But if you dont want to do that.

Make a custom sequence, drop the footage in the timeline and hit Scale to Framesize (right click on clip in timeline)

Or just pick an avchd preset for sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Not entirely sure what you mean or even how to set up a frame size to get to be 1280 as it sets it automatically depending on the video dragged in.

I record in 1920 but the reason I want 1280 is so I can zoon in without losing quality.

How do I set up my sequences to be 1280 and when I drag the videos in it doesnt automatically size to 1920 ?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the sequence is empty and you drag a clip in that has a different resolution the program will ask: change or keep settings.

In this case keep settings.

Go to File / New / Sequence and pick the avchd 720p preset with framerate that matches your footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! This is exactly what I was trying to do... to you it probably seems like an odd way to do something but until I'm a pro it's a bodge job for me

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you put the 1080 footage into 720p sequence, be sure to right-click and select SET to Frame Size, and not Scale to Frame Size. Using Set option means that when you zoom in, Premiere will take advantage of the extra resolution available from the higher-quality source. When using Scale to Frame option, then the footage is scaled down to 720p immediately and you lose that advantage, quality drops the moment you start to scale at all.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines