Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC(2017) freezing on startup

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've been having a problem with photoshop that I can't figure out, hopefully someone here can give me a hand. I can't get photoshop to launch on my Macbook Pro. I'll get the loading screen, then the main workspace pops up, but no content loads, just a gray window and the loading cursor (pics below). When I right click the application it says that photoshop has stopped responding, and I have to force quit the application. Same thing happens if I relaunch. The only thing that helps is restarting my computer, but the next time I close and relaunch photoshop the same thing happens.

Up until now, this has been happening on my Macbook Air, so I figured that the problem was just too little processing power. I switched from Chrome to a lighter browser and I didn't have the problem anymore. However, I just upgraded to a Macbook Pro 15 in, which should be more than enough to handle chrome and photoshop at the same time, but it's still happening. I migrated everything over from my old to my new computer, so if it's a bad file, it could have been transferred with everything else. I've already tried removing chrome extensions, reinstalling photoshop/chrome, updating, creating a new photoshop preferences file, nothing has helped.

If anyone has any ideas why this is happening/how to fix it, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,

Jessica

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 9.18.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-17 at 9.04.17 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya Jessica,

it's unlikely chrome would cause you any grief on this. As you said you did already try the (command option shift) preference file reset (Preferences in Photoshop - One thing that might be helpful is to have a look in the console  and see if anything appears repeatedly out of kilter.

The console app shows you the logs generated by your system (there will be quite a few)  but the information displayed is quite technical, but you can filter the list by a term so this *might* shed some light as to what is causing issues (the lig below was generated by me starting my Photoshop CC but obviously your mileage may vary a little).

Console__787_messages__and_Photoshop_CC_2017__freezing_on_startup__Adobe_Community.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply jharsem​! I'll give it a shot and see if anything shows up. Unfortunately, I  had to restart my computer so that I could get the programs to work, so now I'll have to wait until the problem happens again to test that (I'm sure it'll happen soon...) I don't know anything about system logs but it might give me something more to go off of.  I'll update once I've tried it out, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any progress on this issue? Happens to me consistently. Now as additional information, it happens if I've actually used other applications since my mac starts. if I restart my mac and once the finder comes up start PS 17, it works great as long as I don't close it. If I open multiple other apps first, it hangs at the "reading preferences" part of startup...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines