Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Highlight Text?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've downloaded a PDF form from my school's website, and I can add text in the spaces, but I can't highlight them. The option is grayed out. I can't figure out how to do it and it's driving me insane. I've even tried to just draw a square around the text but not even that works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm losing my mind over this because it seems like it should be such a simple thing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the security in the document properties. May be that commenting is not allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's possible to disable commenting but allow the filling-in of form fields, though.

My guess is it's an LCD form. If that's the case you will see "LiveCycle Designer" as the Application and/or PDF Producer under File - Properties - Description.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try67 wrote:

I don't think it's possible to disable commenting but allow the filling-in of form fields, though.

This is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, you're right. I had it the other way around...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines