• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto break up a single clip into scenes?

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a script or plugin of any kind that would break up a single video clip into individual scenes. I am trying to re-edit and color correct an old video of mine, and unfortunately I need to break it all up into pieces.

Last year I actually did color correct and break up the video,but that video file seems to be corrupt in some way. I also don't have that project file anymore. The audio is out of sync and I get strange artifacts towards the end. I'm uploading that video on to YouTube right now and will edit this post with the link when its finished.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Magnum script is all you got. Speedgrade can detect scenes splendidly but there is no way to use the cuts information in premiere or Ae. You can use a module in speedgrade to render each shot separately but Magnum is so much easier.

Please submit a feature request to enable Premiere to detect cuts. The technology is there and works great in speedgrade: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check AEScripts.com. There used to be a script for this and I believe it was even free.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Magnum is the one I can think of, but it's not free: Magnum 3 - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com

SpeedGrade in Native mode (not Direct Link) can actually do this, although I don't know if it's easy to export the broken up clips after and what kind of format support you can export with, but if you're familiar with SpeedGrade it might be worth a quick Google search to figure out how simple (or not) it might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Magnum script is all you got. Speedgrade can detect scenes splendidly but there is no way to use the cuts information in premiere or Ae. You can use a module in speedgrade to render each shot separately but Magnum is so much easier.

Please submit a feature request to enable Premiere to detect cuts. The technology is there and works great in speedgrade: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines