3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2017 4:24 PM by Kevin-Monahan

Trapcode Particular - only (No DOF) Particle Types work ??

yonysono

Hello Everyone,

i am using Trapcode Particular Version 2.6 on AE 2015, Windows 10.

When i choose Glow Sphere/Star/Circle as my Particle Type, everything works just fine and i can change every settings etc and see the results. But any other Particle Type does not work! They wont show at the screen.

Can someone help me? If you need more information, please let me know!

Kind Regards

• 1. Re: Trapcode Particular - only (No DOF) Particle Types work ??
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Particular is not very intuitive. If you are new to the plug-in I wold strongly recommend that you visit the Red Giant site and go through some of their tutorials.

To quickly find out what properties you have messed with that may be fouling up your scene select the particular layer and press the u key twice. The timeline will expand and show you everything that has been modified. Start resetting properties until some particles appear. Without knowing which parameters you have adjusted it is impossible for us to tell what may be going on. If you are still lost send us a full screen screenshot so we can see what you have changed.

• 2. Re: Trapcode Particular - only (No DOF) Particle Types work ??
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well as per your own thread title:

only (No DOF) Particle Types work ??

Chances are everything is working just fine, but your particles are already "blurredaway" by too much DOF, get clipped away because of camera focal length settings or you simply don't have a suitable 3D camera in the first place. For any specific advise screenshots and detailed info about settings will be required.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Trapcode Particular - only (No DOF) Particle Types work ??
              Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi YonySono,

Did you ever solve your Particular Issue? If so, what did you end up doing? If not, please let us know more details so that we can assist.

Thanks,
              Kevin