2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2017 5:56 PM by WistowPryor

Spot removal tool

WistowPryor

Just becoming familiar with using LR, I'm confused with the Spot Removal Tool as it doesn't appear as in the tutorial videos. When I select it what appears is two nested concentric circles resembling a gun sight target, not the circle with another attached as per the video. What am I not doing right as I wish to use the tool?

• 1. Re: Spot removal tool
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

The double circle indicate the amount of feathering.  Inner circle =100% Outer circle =0%

ScreenShot068.jpg

When you click on a spot, the second circle appears and selects an area automatically to use for the Heal or Clone.

ScreenShot069.jpg

You can drag the second "Source" circle to another location on the image for a better result.

Or press forward slash [ / ] to auto select a new source. (repeat ad infinitum)

ScreenShot070.jpg

If you have chosen the Healing Brush option to "Clone", then you will see the image in the "Source" circle replace the "Destination" circle-

ScreenShot071.jpg

• 2. Re: Spot removal tool
            WistowPryor Level 1

Thank you for clarifying which I needed any way, but my main problem I realized was that I had hidden the indicator circles. Traps for new players!