2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2017 5:56 PM by WistowPryor

Spot removal tool

Just becoming familiar with using LR, I'm confused with the Spot Removal Tool as it doesn't appear as in the tutorial videos. When I select it what appears is two nested concentric circles resembling a gun sight target, not the circle with another attached as per the video. What am I not doing right as I wish to use the tool?

• 1. Re: Spot removal tool
          WobertC Adobe Community Professional

The double circle indicate the amount of feathering.  Inner circle =100% Outer circle =0%

When you click on a spot, the second circle appears and selects an area automatically to use for the Heal or Clone.

You can drag the second "Source" circle to another location on the image for a better result.

Or press forward slash [ / ] to auto select a new source. (repeat ad infinitum)

If you have chosen the Healing Brush option to "Clone", then you will see the image in the "Source" circle replace the "Destination" circle-

• 2. Re: Spot removal tool
            WistowPryor Level 1

Thank you for clarifying which I needed any way, but my main problem I realized was that I had hidden the indicator circles. Traps for new players!