3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2017 2:17 PM by JJMack

PS CC 2017 Scripts not working

Kenzmyth Level 1

I have had intermittent difficulty with PS script in the past versions with PhotoMerge in particular working only from PS or Bridge. Since the upgrade to PS CC 2017

NONE of the scripts are working.

I have a late 2014 iMac 27" with 32GB RAM and 3TB Fusion Drive running on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.2.

Any help out there?

• 1. Re: PS CC 2017 Scripts not working
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

The Problem is either in Your Mac,  Either your hardware, Mac OSX. A  Device driver, Adobe CC 2017 Mac code or some Photoshop add on.  Works fine on my Windows machine in All creative cloud versions of Photoshop including CC 2017 though there are some scripting issues in CC 2017 scripting.  If your problem is intermittent I would lean on testing your machine RAM with stress memory test.. If no script are working in CC 2017 I would think it is more likely a CC 2017 installation issue.

The scripting issues in Photoshop do not bit most Photoshop users that may be why Adobe does not fix them.

Capture.jpg

• 2. Re: PS CC 2017 Scripts not working
            Kenzmyth Level 1

PhotoShop CC 2015 Photomerge would work from the Automate menu, but not from the Bridge Tools menu. Since I have updated to PSCC 2017 NONE of the Automate or Scripts work even after this morning's Adobe Cloud Uninstall/Cloud Cleaner/Reinstall.

I doubt it's stressed RAM issue as I have 32GB and have tested with ONLY PS open and set to use 20GB of RAM. I have 1.5TB of empty disc space for scratch disc and a 16TB raid drive as backup space.

Everything worked on this iMac 2014 in PS CC 2014, then in PS CC 2015 some scripts did not work and now in PS CC 2017 none of the scripts work.

If I open the files I want to PhotoMerge and use the Use Open Files option, PS says it can run the PhotoMerge until I have saved the open files, even though all I did was open them and did NO work on them. I re-opened the files and saved them with no change in getting the PhotoMerge script to work. Nothing happens. It's as if I didn't do anything.

When I try to run the Scripts>Load File Into Stacks nothing happens.

I see another iMac User regressed to PS CC 2015 because of similar issues. Since I would like to make some panoramas and can't get the current PS CC 2017 to function as promised, I may do the same.

• 3. Re: PS CC 2017 Scripts not working
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

I'm at a disadvantage here for I windows and you a Mac.  You may have an installation problem I would hope you would not because you used Adobe Cleaner and re-installed.  I know some Mac users have had installation that were related to the user id permission and the were able to solve there problems with some Mac utility the fixed up their users id file permissions.

I have all  the Creative cloud Photoshop version installed because there are bugs ins all of then.  So far CC 2014 is the Photoshop version the is best for me and my systems defaults.  I do have  CC 2017 installed hoping the Adobe may fix the problems the in Photoshop.  After Today's update for CC 2017 there are still bugs in CC 2017.  I do not use CC 2015.5 and CC 2017 because of a scripting bug Adobe introduced in CC 2015.5.  Of course I have installation problems for there a six Creative Cloud version of Photoshop and only 4 versions of Adobe Bridge

Adobe Bridge CS6, CC, CC 2015 and CC 2017.   Photoshop versions CS6, CC,  CC 2014, CC 2015, CC 2015.5 and CC 2017

It is not a pleasant situation.

However Photomerge works for me from Adobe Bridge CC 2017 and Photoshop CC 2017.

Capture.jpg