• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does only get the program to select all pictures that have 2 or more tags that I nominate?

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PSE 11 how does only get the program to select all pictures that have 2 or more tags that I nominate?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Old Fart wrote:

Using PSE 11 how does only get the program to select all pictures that have 2 or more tags that I nominate?

I assume what you mean is to select files with at least two valid search criteria in list of 3 or more criteria...

There is nothing in the Organizer to do this in a single action.

You know how to use the search with the AND / OR choices.

In the 'Detailed' search, let's see what we could do to find pictures with at least two 'true' criteria among three possibilities, A, B, C.

That would be true with:

- A and B valid

- A and C valid

- B and C valid

You could do three searches and add a keyword like ABisTrue to the relevant files for each search

You would create a new search with ABisTrue OR AC isTrue OR BC isTrue.

That's already very complicated and you can imagine what it would be with a list of 4 or more criterias.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And do the newer versions of PSE allow you to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Old Fart wrote:

And do the newer versions of PSE allow you to do this?

I am pretty sure they'll never do it.

Thinking about it, I don't think that Lightroom can do that either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to recall that in a much earlier version of PSE I was able to find pictures by maybe selecting a country or holiday first.  You would see a huge amount. Then select a city or event or place & the displayed list got smaller & if you selected a person you would have a particular person at a particulate place & if there were several photos they were also sorted by time date.

Incidentally I notice that under each thumbnail icon indicator that some of these tags are blue.  Whats the difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

It would be better if you would attach the screenshot of one such image and then tell what your query is. We would be glad to assist you further on this.

And what you mention was possible in earlier versions of PSE is still applicable in newer versions through right Tags panel.

Thanks,

Arshla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines