9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2009 3:22 PM by goeasy

Flash Player 10 - Crash and Leak

pmenadue
      Installed flash player 10 on a pretty clean machine - FP9 occasionally crashed, but had been getting more stable with updates.

FP10? Not so much.
      I've noticed a few crashes (See event log below) and some high memory usage in IE over time.

Think I might go back to 9 - not good guys. And no 64-bit is crazy.

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x47918f11, faulting module Flash10a.ocx, version 10.0.12.36, time stamp 0x48e83175, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00129d03, process id 0xe48, application start time 0x01c930ea9872b420.
        • 1. Re: Flash Player 10 - Crash and Leak
          pmenadue Level 1
          And another:
          Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x47918f11, faulting module Flash10a.ocx, version 10.0.12.36, time stamp 0x48e83175, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x001ebfdb, process id 0x1d44, application start time 0x01c93062a58cdbd0.
          • 2. Re: Flash Player 10 - Crash and Leak
            :::@::: Level 1
            You think it's the actual Flash Player which crashes? Not the flash movie you're viewing is crashing it? Bad scripts can easily cause this, and are becoming alarmingly more and more widespread

• 3. Re: Flash Player 10 - Crash and Leak
              strazza73
              I developed a Flex 3 application (file swf of 513 Kb) that loads 3 modules (of 400 kb) at runtime, it works well but
              occasionally Internet Explorer crash reporting error cause is Flash10a.ocx
              I've just installed Flash Player 10 but I have the same problem I had with Flash Player 9
              Looking at Windows Task Manager, it seems that when IE is using more than 600 MB of memory the Browser crash...
              Any suggestions ?
              Thanks in advance

• 4. Re: Flash Player 10 - Crash and Leak
                strazza73 Level 1
                I developed a Flex 3 application (file swf of 513 Kb) that loads 3 modules (of 400 kb) at runtime, it works well but
                occasionally Internet Explorer crash reporting error cause is Flash10a.ocx
                I've just installed Flash Player 10 but I have the same problem I had with Flash Player 9
                Looking at Windows Task Manager, it seems that when IE is using more than 600 MB of memory the Browser crash...
                Any suggestions ?
                Thanks in advance

• 5. Flash Player 10 - Crash and Leak
                  stigmama
                  Hi Folks

Flash10a.ocx has caused me a ton of problems when online and keeps shutting IE down.

A RESULT
                  Found a response to on the Web suggesting installing Mozilla Firefox - YES FINALLY RESOLVED! It may not be the answer people are looking for but it does resolve the issue for now.

NO RESULTS
                  I did all of the following with no results
                  Uninstalled FlashPlayer 10a and installed again a zillion times.
                  Ran software to fix registry problems a zillion times.

Search adobe for the answer a zillion times which just prompted me to re-install again.

Even installed flash9 which used to work but I still encountered the same problems which suggest Microsoft confilict but Im no expert.

SUMMARY
                  This situation is not good. It must be affecting a zillion people out there. MSN and Adobe - take responsibility get your act together - this is an outrage, took me weeks to sort out.

• 6. Flash Player 10 - Crash and Leak
                    stigmama Level 1
                    Hi Folks

Flash10a.ocx has caused me a ton of problems when online and keeps shutting IE down.

A RESULT
                    Found a response to on the Web suggesting installing Mozilla Firefox - YES FINALLY RESOLVED! It may not be the answer people are looking for but it does resolve the issue for now.

NO RESULTS
                    I did all of the following with no results
                    Uninstalled FlashPlayer 10a and installed again a zillion times.
                    Ran software to fix registry problems a zillion times.

Search adobe for the answer a zillion times which just prompted me to re-install again.

Even installed flash9 which used to work but I still encountered the same problems which suggest Microsoft confilict but Im no expert.

SUMMARY
                    This situation is not good. It must be affecting a zillion people out there. MSN and Adobe - take responsibility get your act together - this is an outrage, took me weeks to sort out.

• 7. Flash Player 10 - Crash and Leak
                      stigmama Level 1
                      Posted above message twice by mistake - sorry!
                      • 8. Re: Flash Player 10 - Crash and Leak
                        joshc408
                        I just want to add to this list: IE is crashing all the time due to Flash10a.ocx failure. FF crashes too, but not as often.

Adobe People: PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!!
                        • 9. Re: Flash Player 10 - Crash and Leak
                          goeasy
                          Same problem here. IE crashes everytime giving the following error message:

Problem signature:
                          Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
                          Application Name: iexplore.exe
                          Application Version: 8.0.6001.18702
                          Application Timestamp: 49b3ad2e
                          Fault Module Name: Flash10a.ocx
                          Fault Module Version: 10.0.12.36
                          Fault Module Timestamp: 48e83175
                          Exception Code: c0000005
                          Exception Offset: 00129c9d
                          OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
                          Locale ID: 1033
                          Additional Information 1: fd00
                          Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
                          Additional Information 3: fd00
                          Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160