• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2017 freezing (not crashing) when opening any file. No issues with same version on other machine.

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CC 2017 is freezing whenever I try to open any existing file on my home machine (Mac OS Sierra). Freezing happens immediately, before any progress bar.  Have tried troubleshooting with multiple options found on forums (recovery caches etc.), but no luck.  Tried an uninstall/reinstall but it hasn't solved the problem.

I have same Indesign version installed on second (office) machine through Creative Cloud license, and it is having no issues — even when trying to open same variety of files as I am on my home machine. So I think I've eliminated a corrupted file or font as the culprit.

It will let me open/start a new file — but not open up any existing file.

All other CC apps are working fine.

I do have Problem Report data that I can share, but this has been generated by me having to force quit the app, rather than a crash, so wasn't sure if this was relevant.

Am stymied, and behind on a deadline (who isn't?).  Left the office to continue working from home for an all-nighter but I seem to be being punished for my choice.  Have had no problems to date with any of the CC apps. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Hi deirdreh,

Can you please share with me your file so that i can investigate it further.

Also, it would be really great if you can share with me following key points:

1. Which version of ID , this file is created in?

2. Is this crash happening with this specific file or opening any file.

Please share file @ monsingh@adobe.com

Thanks,

Monica

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi deirdreh,

Can you please share with me your file so that i can investigate it further.

Also, it would be really great if you can share with me following key points:

1. Which version of ID , this file is created in?

2. Is this crash happening with this specific file or opening any file.

Please share file @ monsingh@adobe.com

Thanks,

Monica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response, Monica. Received online chat support late into the night to resolve. Although, no determination on source of problem. It was not a file issue. App froze upon opening of all files (random selection) and same files opened without issue on other machine running same version of InDesign (2017). After many attempts at troubleshooting, a restart after trashing preferences did the trick, even though I had tried this method twice before contacting support. And strangely enough, after trashed preferences, my workspace presets are still available.

So, mystery a but unsolved, but it's back up and working again, which is great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines