2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2006 6:55 AM by otnateos

Movie clip wont work

Amcasperforu
      Hi guys,

Please help. My problem is that I have a movie clip inside a movie clip and a movie clip.

The first movie clip which I call it as emptyMc, this is the placeholder where I will load the second movie clip.
      The second movie clip as I call it as reqtMc, this movie clip is loaded on the first movie clip.
      The third movie clip as I call it as btnMc, is a movie clip that I want to be part of the second movie clip, from the second movie clip I just drop it on its time line.

Here's the tree structure
      emptyMc
      - reqtMc
      - btnMc

the btnMc is embeded on secondmovie clip timeline reqtMc on design mode (drag and drop)

Here's how I attach and call the second movie reqtMc clip to load on my placeholder emptyMc

_root.emptyMc.attachMovie("reqtUA","reqtUA",_root.getNextHighestDepth());

What I want is that I want my btnMc to work coz I put a function onRelease method

However, it does not work to be clickable.... what seems to be the problem here...

Please help. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Movie clip wont work
          blemmo Level 1
          Hi,

where do you assign the function to the btnMC? It must have an instance name, then you can assign the function from your main movie:
          _root.emptyMc.reqtUA.btnMc.onRelease = function { // your button code }

hth,
          blemmo
          • 2. Re: Movie clip wont work
            otnateos
            quote:

Originally posted by: blemmo
            Hi,

where do you assign the function to the btnMC? It must have an instance name, then you can assign the function from your main movie:
            _root.emptyMc.reqtUA.btnMc.onRelease = function { // your button code }

hth,
            blemmo

or if you embed the btnMc in reqtMc from Flash IDE, you can just add the function script in the main reqtMc timeline like