The linked information was not helpful. Narrator works on web pages but does not read the PDF file. the file can be read by my Mac laptop so I am not sure what the problem is between the two systems. I am trying to help a colleague with a Windows laptop but am at a loss at where to direct them.
As you have mentioned above, the narrator does not work on the PDF on Windows machine.
Did you try to replicate the issue with other PDFs? Is it now working with any of the PDF that you opens in Reader?
Make sure that the user is using the latest version of the application.
Refer this help link Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader to know more about the updates.
Try to use the Read Out Loud feature in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Check if that helps.
Refer to the steps mentioned below:
- Open a PDF in Reader.
- Go to View > Read Out Loud > Activate Read Out Loud.
- Then again go to View > Read Out Loud and select either of the options "Read this page only" or "Read to the end of the document".
Windows narrator does work with the Reader application.
I would suggest you to check the Narrator settings once.
- Open the Windows settings > Ease of Access > Narrator.
- Turn the Radio button for the Narrator to right to enable the feature.
- Scroll down the page and make changes as required for the Narrator settings.
Let us know if the issue still persists or if you need any help