• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free plugin for video retargeting

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague and I (postdocs in academia) made a hobby plugin project for Adobe AE and Premiere, which retargets footage to any format. It makes it easy to use 4:3 in a 16:9 production, or intercut 16:9 in anamorphic production. It is easy to use as is, while also allowing few neat tricks 🙂

The plugin is free without any strings attached, and was presented at SIGGRAPH ASIA 2017.

https://vimeo.com/192475452

Downloadable from (put plugin in your common plugin folder):

http://atomicimagelabs.com/

This could not have happened without the help from this forum, so thanks a lot.

Enjoy and let us know, what you think.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really awesome, and generous! Congratulations on your plugin.

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Christian

I actually have a question, that either you or someone else can answer or comment on.

Since we have put a lot of effort into creating this and are sharing it for free, how should we go about communicating this to the world.

On short terms, we just thought it was fun to make, but still want our efforts to benefit who ever could benefit (given that it actually serve a purpose 🙂 ).

On longer terms, we are considering creating other plugins, why the above might also serve as a launch platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a chat with Lloyd at aescripts+aeplugins. That's where I sell my plugins and scripts, and I'm sure he'd be happy to consider hosting it. As this is already a free plugin you could put this up as a NYOP (name your own price). More often than not people download for free but occasionally you'll get someone who wants to donate $15 or whatever they deem fair.

http://aescripts.com

There should be a contact link on the homepage somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the advise, most helpful 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines