• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the color of a logo made in Indesign?

Engaged ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is a sample logo I have, let assume I created it in Indesign, and I don’t have the original file any longer. How do I change the color of letter “b” and the letter “g” to white?

Thanks for help

Kind, Modassir

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me understand - if the logo was created in InDesign, but you no longer have the original file, what format is the logo currently saved in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget the above, please focus on this sample:

Bilderesultat for logo black publications

Now, if I want to put this on a book-cover, I go to color, and swatches and change to “paper”-option, and then I choose the color of background to blue, but still what is inside the letter Q in the above logo, does not change to blue color i.e the background color.

I want what is inside the letter Q in the above logo, to have blue background while at the same keeping the black lines, and the letter Q, make it to white color. How can I do that if the logo-format is .indd?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the Blending Mode to Multiply in the Effects panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that worked, but the letter Q and the black lines inside it are still in black color, how do I change the letter Q and the lines inside to white color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the logo was created in InDesign

Select it and change what's black to white.

If it turns out it was made in Illustrator, do it in Illustrator. If it was made in Photoshop, do it in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don’t have the origin file. So the logo is in .png format as a picture. How can I change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a raster image, so you'd have to edit it in an image editor; i.e.,  Photoshop.

Export to PDF with no downsampling, Open the PDF in Photoshop or other raster image editor of your choosing.

Of course, the correct way to go about it would be to obtain a vector-based copy from the original designer or owner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of these suggestions are correct and hopefully helping you, but they're all band-aids. Your trying to hack your way through making this thing work. If it's a .png file, it's almost guaranteed to be low quality when printed on the book cover. I'd place this graphic in Illustrator and run Image Trace on it to vectorize the logo. It won't be perfect but it won't be any worse than the .png file and you'll be able to manipulate the graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also this logo would be quite simple to recreate from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines