• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 not responding

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was working on a project and photoshop was fine. My computer updated and I restarted it. It took a few tries to get my computer back on but it did turn back on. I got back onto photoshop and finished what I was doing... shut my computer down and then my husband saw I had an error on  of the jpgs I made. So I went back on to my computer and now photoshop will open but if I open a new project, or old it says it's not responding and I have to shut it down in task master. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, still no luck. I have looked in my view report errors and it has no error reports for photoshop. I have windows 10 would this be the issue? Also drives and devices are up to date

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

so ... i been on support for 3 hours, we tried uninstalling and installing twice....then i got on with a tech who uninstalled all folders and i tried to install it again after that didnt work i gave over remote access. so he disabled the anti-virus and install cs6 suite no errors. when we opened up photoshop it said not responding, we left it for a few seconds and it started. so the issue with the install was anti-virus... and when i go to open something it goes non responding but now its openin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type 'Reliability Monitor' into Cortana. Find the most recent Photoshop error and "view technical details." Copy the error report here.

Reliablity Monitor 1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I learned something today - "Reliability Monitor" šŸ˜ƒ .. thanks Ben!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no photoshop error shows up in the list....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya - you do seem to have two hardware errors occurring though ... could they be related (memory, input devices, etc) ? Pasted_Image_20_1_17__10_30_am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have only had this issue since yesterday, not sure what it is other then i had to turn off the fast start up- seems like noone had a fix for it as far as i can see but this is the window error.screenshot2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So everything is working after disabling Fast Startup? Fast Start saves a snapshot of your OS, which it uses to boot rather than booting normally, as I understand it. Which can cause problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is still not working, I have disabled the fast start ( in power options) not sure there is another area in windows 10 that you have to disable it ? other then that no other errors in reliability monitor for windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in Power Options, then shut down and restart. Try disabling the GPU acceleration under Edit > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find this on windows 10... still looking, have never done this before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sweetness697 wrote:

I can't find this on windows 10... still looking, have never done this before

Sorry, I forgot to mention you need to do this within Photoshop..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Benjamin's response there are a few things you can check with regard to the GPU (if that is the cause) detailed in this article (under the heading "Quick GPU troubleshooting steps" - specifically the section on OpenGL)

Photoshop CS6 GPU FAQ

However all of this hinges on if the GPU is causing the issue of course šŸ˜ƒ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank for clearing that up haha my brain isn't working and cant seem to get this working. so i looked into the error more and this update i did is causing more problems for a lot of people but seems to be only the hard turn off as far as i have read. and i went to do them steps in Photoshop and it wont allow me to open the performance window... I am pretty frustrated at the moment... i cant even do a system restore to go back 2 days before the update to see if that is the issue.....photoshop.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link may help: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/uninstall-windows-10-anniversary-update

Also, the Event Viewer will sometimes show information which the Reliability Monitor doesn't. Type 'event viewer' into Cortana. Windows Logs > Application. Find the most recent Photoshop error (if there is one) and copy the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Won't let me do that as it's been over 10 days for the one update, last update was yesterday when everythibg messed up and that's the last point I can return to... I even went and uninstalled the update and it photoshop still wasn't working, and windows 10 has automatic updates and I turned that off and it still updated - kinda forcing me to do so... I guess I am not going to fix this issue till they fix the update? And in the event viewer- no photoshop errors... I'm lost at what to do I think I'm just gonna give up been trying to fix it for 12 hours now and nothing is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing you could try is the CS/CC Cleaner tool: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Other than that, you'd need to reinstall the OS and not allow any updates.

The final option is purchasing a subscription to the Creative Cloud. I like to recommend buying the one-year prepaid Photography plan. You can opt-out of entering payment info for auto renewal when you redeem the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, You could try the Windows System File Checker, too. Hit Winkey and X. Choose Command Prompt (admin). Type 'sfc /scannow' and hit Enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing that now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even trying to reinstall gave me errors on install and when I clicked error report it shows no data found - what a head ache this is, I'm just going to see how much it will cost for the shop to install windows 8 - seeing as I didn't ask for Windows 10 I think they should do it for free scan still going I'll post the report when it's done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshotwindows.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, sorry I couldn't be more help. Did the laptop originally come with Windows 8? If it did, do you happen to have a product key anywhere on the laptop? If there is, and you are up to the task, you might try a clean Win 8 install yourself. Download Windows 8.1 Disc Image (ISO File)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it did, I wouldn't have it because the laptop fell on the floor and the hard drive got  wiped clean so we had to get a new hard drive installed and that's when they put windows 10 on it. I am going to call them tomorrow because they should have my computer on file and I am hoping they will be able to help me out. I have been on chat with adobe for the last hour.... so I am redownloaded the cs6 suite and going to install it hopeing there isn't a issue... we shall see. Thanks again and no problem, you helped me a lot I'll let you know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so ... i been on support for 3 hours, we tried uninstalling and installing twice....then i got on with a tech who uninstalled all folders and i tried to install it again after that didnt work i gave over remote access. so he disabled the anti-virus and install cs6 suite no errors. when we opened up photoshop it said not responding, we left it for a few seconds and it started. so the issue with the install was anti-virus... and when i go to open something it goes non responding but now its opening files and not freezeing.... but its working now thank you for all your help, hope this helps someone else...

Answer to the question-
uninstall all adobe products
Delete all adobe files
               Program files (86) - adobe folder
                           Common files - adobe folder
               Program files - adobe folder
Windows + R = %programdata%
               Delete adobe file
disable the anti-virus
install again and it should install no issues
open up adobe program, give it a second...
turn anti-virus back on

Cheers , and thanks again to all that helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news! FYI, the cleaner tool should have done all that cleaning up for you. Anyway, great to hear, and thank you for checking back with your fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines