2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2017 2:11 AM by kristines19332103

Mobile redirect not working, only desktop and tablet.

kristines19332103

Hello!

My site: discarchive.de is showing the tablet version on mobile. When I manually type in http://discarchive.de/phone/index.html then the mobile site shows up, same with the tablet.

I have checked out the site on different phone and tablet emulators online and they aren't showing any redirect to phone or tablet either.

Things I have tried:

Using different browsers

Checking on 2 different Androids

Checking online emulators

What could be the issue here?

Thanks so much in advance. I really appreciate your assistance and support!

Best,

Kristine

• 1. Re: Mobile redirect not working, only desktop and tablet.
          Ussnorway Adobe Community Professional

Hi Kristine,

your redirrect is not in place;

step 1 = from your alt-layout goto site prop and make sure you did tick the redirrect box

Screenshot (627).png

republish your site then (if still not working) ask hostgater to remove all the old files... for a clean upload because sometimes the server doesn't see the new files with ftp settings.

p.s, emulators are not worth anything for redirrect testing... the actual phone is the only way to be sure.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Mobile redirect not working, only desktop and tablet.
            kristines19332103 Level 1

Hello Ussnorway!

Thank you so much for your timely response. It is greatly appreciated.

I have already checked and unchecked the redirect from desktop button and then uploaded the modified files to FTP. Still having the same issue.

So I will click the redirect from desktop button again and save my muse file.

I am wondering if you think I should delete the entire site from my cpanel with Hostgator and then do a complete fresh upload of all files? Then, should I contact HostGator and have them do a sweep of all files from their end?

Truly appreciating your support!

-K