• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where'd my options go?

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I normally upload photos from my memory card into my lightroom catalog.  I like to organize my files by year/whether business or personal/then by category.  Since the year changed, I went into my drive that stores my catalog files.  Created 2017, then the appropriate subdivisions...an exact mirror of 2016.  Now the first upload I did the files uploaded and I had options to name the folder, name files etc.   However when it loaded, the folder didn't show up in the organized file format in my catalog like my 2016 files do.  Just simply all by itself at the top of all the files.  No 2017, no subdivisions, etc.  Yet, in the actual location of the files on the drive, it's subdivided as I wanted it.  Thoughts?

Part 2 - second import, suddenly my options for import are gone.  All I have is where I can store them and metadata, but can no longer name the files, use a counter, name the folder it's going into, etc.  What happened?  Where did I go wrong? Please help I'm on a deadline and I"m scared to import anything!

Many thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Try putting one single image directly into the 2017 folder and import that.

Is the panel “Apply During Import” missing? If so, right-click (control-click) on another panel e.g. File Handling and put a check mark against the one that is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try putting one single image directly into the 2017 folder and import that.

Is the panel “Apply During Import” missing? If so, right-click (control-click) on another panel e.g. File Handling and put a check mark against the one that is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! Lifesaver! I'm not sure why they suddenly disappeared, but the control+click on the panel allowed me to bring back my options.  Still having trouble figuring out why my files aren't categorized in my catalog.  If any one has insight with this, would love to keep my system going.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines