2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2017 9:50 AM by JJMack

Deke McClelland Pen Tool Mastery

Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

The New Courses email from Lynda.com turned up shortly before I was thinking of turning in last night, but Adobe Pen Tool: Mastery by Deke McClelland caught my eye, and it was so good I watched most of it before going to bed!  I actually went into it hoping to learn a couple of new tricks, but it turned out to be better than I expected.  Some of it was a reminder of things I'd long since forgotten and hadn't been using, like using the cursor keys to nudge points, but there were some really useful tips and tricks.  I thought I new the pen tool and paths panel inside out, but there's always something new to learn with Photoshop. 

• 1. Re: Deke McClelland Pen Tool Mastery
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

Not directly related, but something that has annoyed me for a long time:

Adobe Illustrator’s Pen Tool’s Bath closing behaviour – apparently a long time ago it was decided Illustrator users are incapable of making a meaningful first curve point with the Pen Tool so the existing backward bezier handle is destroyed on closing the Path by clicking the first point.

Photoshop’s Pen tool on the other hand honours the existing bezier handle when click-closing a Path.

(And not to worry, I have made Illustrator Bug Reports and Feature Requests; guess what good it did …)

• 2. Re: Deke McClelland Pen Tool Mastery
            JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Make me happy I only install Photoshop three diffent pen tools from Adobe wow.   Does Apple allow that.