• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When using digital Signature, user has to "login" to digital ID file to use it

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we use a log of digital signatures. each users adobe is configured to allow them to draw the rectangle signature option.

lately, one user, when she goes to sign a pdf, it asks her to create a new signature, although she would have one already.

when i got to "Edit, Preferences, Signatures, Identities & Trusted Certificates" , then Digital ID file, its status is set to "logout"

once we log back in, she can then use the rectangle signature option.

Can you advise, why adobe is logging out the Digital ID file?

thanks

Using AdobePro XI

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to all of our users, Acrobat Pro DC and Reader DC, and it started happening with the updates pushed out last week. As long as a user doesn't close Acrobat, their signature will be recognized and available, and they'll be able to sign and unsign documents. If they close Acrobat they will have to reattach their signature file. Fix this fast please, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this is happening throughout our office. The latest update is what caused it (for Acrobat Standard XI, its 11.0.19).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too and several of us at our work is having this same problem.  When I go to digitally sign a PDF in Adobe Acrobat DC (15.006.30280), when I click on an unsigned signature field in a PDF, I keep getting a popup with a window asking "I want to sign this document using..."  I already have an existing digital ID saved on my computer (Windows 7).  Every time I get to this menu, I have to manually select "My existing digital ID from: A file", for the file name, click browse, select my PFX signature, hit open, put in the password, click Finish.  This FINALLY brings it to the "Sign Document" field.  It didn't use to do this.  It used to be able to click on the unsigned signature field and it would go straight to the "Sign Document" field with my name already select. 

I confirmed it does this on every computer I’ve encountered. If you open the PDF, click on an unsigned signature field, it keeps asking for the location (as if Acrobat keeps forgetting the location or something). HOWEVER - if you open Adobe Acrobat Pro DC first (not the PDF file), go to EDIT > PREFERENCES > SIGNATURES > and next to where it says "Identities & Trusted Certificates", click MORE - it will see the Digital ID.  If you close out and click Ok and open a PDF file and click unsigned signature field, IT WILL WORK (it bypasses the "I want to sign this document using..." and goes straight to the "Sign Document" window.  Yet, if you close Adobe Acrobat Pro DC open it back up and then open a PDF - it will not work.  It will ONLY work if you go in the Preferences and click ‘More’ next to "Identities & Trusted Certificates" each time.  You can always leave Acrobat running and minimize and open PDFs (or double click on them to open them) and it will work – ONLY as long as you clicked ‘More’ next to "Identities & Trusted Certificates" and haven’t closed out of Acrobat.  It is almost as if Adobe Acrobat Pro DC keeps forgetting the Digital ID location and going in the Identities & Trusted Certificates refreshes and reminds it.

This is incredibly annoying and needs to be fixed/patched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

Unchecking “Use modern UI for signing and Digital ID configuration” is not an option.  That preference is not even available.  It is available in continuous variant of Adobe Reader.  The problem I am having is in Adobe Acrobat DC.

Also, right-clicking on the Acrobat icon and choosing to “Run as Administrator” does not fix the problem either.

I did a few other things to pinpoint the cause of the problem.  I did try this on two different machines running Windows 10 and they work.  This problem seems to only involve when running Windows 7 (I do not know about Windows 8).

On the machines running Windows 7, I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat DC.  I then reinstalled it (it installs version (2015.006.30033).  I tested it out and it works.  HOWEVER, when I updated Adobe Acrobat DC to the most current version (2015.006.30280), the problem comes back.  It seems as though there is a Windows 7 issue with the most updated version of Adobe Acrobat DC.

Could it be that Adobe Acrobat DC needs another updated patch to work better on Windows 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing this issue on Windows 7 Pro and Window 10 Pro, multiple machines, does not happen with 2015.006.30033 and does happen with 2015.006.30280.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

just checking if its still an issue for everyone? it's still occurring here.. how do we find out if adobe is checking it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines