• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 2017 crashes on start-up, Windows 7 Pro x64

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to uninstall, reinstall, the CC cleaner tool and still the same thing. This started after an update I had this morning.

Any news on a fix?

TIA

Sean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Turns out to be my copy of Astute Graphics Stylism plug in. Removed from plugins folder and all good

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did CC2015 work on this computer, did you keep a copy and test to see if CC 2015 is working?

WIn7 is quite old do you have service pack one installed?

They may not have updated this since the recent CC2017 update, but you are running with a very new version of Illustrator and an old versions of OS so you are bound to have trouble eventually, if the gap gets any wider.

System requirements | Adobe Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike and thanks for the reply. 2015 is next on my list. Yes the OS is up to date and it is on my work box as I am stuck with Win7 due to a mission critical program not being Win10 ready yet (yeah, I know, sucks). I do have it installed on Win10 at home and will try that tonight when I get back. I'll try 2015 and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out to be my copy of Astute Graphics Stylism plug in. Removed from plugins folder and all good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your solution and updating your post, we really appreciate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a problem Mike, thanks for the help.

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines