• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign crashes

Participant ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to work with a book. It is about 200 pages, but I have divided it to different documents. Each dokument is 20-40 pages. I have cleaned the cashe and the preference folders. I have even installed the program again. Nothing helps. InDesign is still crasching. It is really enoying. I am getting really angry.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working locally or on a network drive? If on a network I would try if it is running locally in order to test if it is the network connectivity. Other problems could be defect Fonts, EPS images, Cross References.

Have you tried to export an IDML file in order to open this again an save it as a new InDesign document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working locally. And I do not see why this would be so much problems. I am working with this document on two computers. On my stationary I have solved it by emptied cache and the parameter folders and then it works. On my Macbook Pro I have done everything, and I can not get it to work. InDesign just crashes. I have had this problem before when I have worked with big documents.

Why can't Adobe solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

have you tried the IDML round tripping?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines