1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 20, 2017 12:11 PM by John T Smith

Logging in to Adobe

eldugar

This has happened to me frequently in the past few weeks. I have fixed the problem, but I am fed up.

Here's what happened.

My PC crashed a week ago, and I have to reload everything.

I try to log in to Adobe ... I have forgotten my password.

Okay. Send me a notice to g-mail. 

Adobe does that.

I try to change my password. It seems I have to try something totally new. Adobe does not like repeated passwords.

Think think think ... ah... new password.

What's this? The feedback shows a green statement – a bright green list for everything I do right, mud red for what it thinks I do wrong. ... In mud red it hints nastily that I am using my own address. I am NOT!

Anyway. Try again. What does thing WANT? Success. I have created a new password.

I leave and wander around, trying to find a download for Adobe Digital Editions.

No go.

I have to log in with my Adobe ID again.

Wonderful. That should be easy. I'll use my new password; I have it neatly written on the side to prevent mistakes.

What's this? Adobe does not recognize the new password! I try again. And again. And again.

Okay, Adobe has forgotten my password, but it seems I have to take the blame.

I have to change my password. Again. 

Again Adobe tells me I must not use my address.

I was NOT using my address in the password, but fine. Fine fine fine.

At last I hit upon fresh password that is mildly insulting to Adobe, but at this stage, very memorable to me.

NOW it works.

But I am fed up – hence this rant.

I will not forget the latest password. This time Adobe made it stick.