• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to view comments on PDF

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see that text was changed and that sticky notes were added, yet the comment bar on the right reads "No Comment"  I have chosen "Expand All" comments and "Show all" comments.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Thanks, but I'm afraid that is not it either.  I have found a work-around by opening the document with Adobe Reader.  From there I can view the comments, so they were definitely not removed.  It is just a bit inconvenient that I have to take the extra step of opening another program, and having read the related strings, this is clearly causing frustration for many others as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melitac61091060,

I assume that you are experiencing this problem with a specific document.

For testing purpose please try adding a comment in the same document and see if you can see the comment in the side bar.

Also, confirm the version of application you are working on.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version is 2015 Release (Classic) V. 2015.006.30243.7120

I am able to add and view my own comments in the side bar, just not the ones that others have added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that, the comment you are referring to are no longer available in the pdf file.

when you go to comment panel do you see the other's comment in the list?

If not,then someone probably flattened the file at some point, removing all information related to the comments and turning them into a static graphic on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, but I'm afraid that is not it either.  I have found a work-around by opening the document with Adobe Reader.  From there I can view the comments, so they were definitely not removed.  It is just a bit inconvenient that I have to take the extra step of opening another program, and having read the related strings, this is clearly causing frustration for many others as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources