• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No GPU usage when transcoding with CUDA?

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys - I've been using Adobe CC for a while now but recently I've been trying to broaden my usage.  I might be completely missing something obvious here, which I'm willing to be told as part of my learning process, but when using AME to transcode H.264 to Cineform using GPU acceleration I'm seeing no GPU usage.  I've got a number of different systems here including a box with a GTX 1070, Quadro M4000 and a FirePro W9100, I'm trying to test which GPU is best for transcoding (i.e. the W9100 for OpenCL vs the Quadro for CUDA) but as I can't see any GPU activity I'm not sure if I'm even doing this right.  You can see in the image below I'm using CUDA acceleration for Cineform and this is with the GTX 1070, it's well into an encode, but there's no GPU utilisation at all.  Anybody able to let me know what I'm missing? Is this encode supposed to use GPU acceleration as the renderer suggests, or is this a CPU locked activity?

2017-01-21_12-51-23.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, it's really difficult to find posts like that at this point in time, they're now buried beneath a torrent of garbage dating back years.  But that was exactly what I needed to read, I'm quite irritated that the CC suite doesn't utilise GPU acceleration more than it does but it at least clarifies that almost everything in the workflow is CPU dependent for overall performance bar a few select effects that I personally will rarely utilise.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines