Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with "selfpinning objects"

LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to make some changes to an already existing site: www.schwimmbeihecht.de

I know, we always have to keep a backup (what I have, fortunately). I could go back, use an older version of Muse – so far so good.

My issue, with the latest version of Muse 2017.0...., I have to realize that some objects pin by themselves.

My first issue was a so-called: Bedienfeld mit Registerkarten (you find this in the same part than the accordion widget). Some parts in it were

pinned to the left, I "unpinned" them, just to realize some minutes later (I went trough the whole file and unpinned everything), that some

parts pinned themselves to the center. I unpinned them–later they were pinned to the center again.

My main issue is the part "Kurse", where these register should be in the center and not look like being pinned to the left.

Actually the widget is set to browser width:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-21 um 22.44.26.png

I cannot make it behave like this – as you can see on the right side, the widget is slightly taller than the page itself.

I cannot scale it smaller to make it fit – it jumps to be bigger again. Also if I change some text it is getting bigger almost

all the time by jumping some 30 to 50 pixels taller and taller.

Strange also: I can see some greyed out pinning to the left of some part in my design, which I can`t locate at all.

Not by the obvious visible parts in the design and not by going through everything in the layers panel.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-21 um 21.28.30.png

I also chose everything in the page (it`s a one page layout), pinned everything and unpinned everything.

Does anybody have an idea what happens?

Coming back to the beginning of this thread, call it a question to ADOBE. Why do we act as beta testers for all these issues about accordions,

which behave not like expected. Quite obvious, if there`s a new version, persuade to fix some bugs, give us new stuff, we use it, right?

There`s even a possibility to act as an beta tester:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-21 um 22.57.56.png

Give us a notification for new version, if everybody takes one site, checks about issues, report them, make your changes, let us test again

and then release it.

I know, you may not check everything, but why should we ever use a new version? Why do we pay this subscription?

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

I see the problem, and will report it in the prerelease forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to find a mistake on my side, I pushed this widget to the side (I set the scaling to "none" instead of setting it to browser width).

I grab a new "register widget" and try to set it (scale to browser width–no pinning), until immediately it gets taller than the browser width, pins itself to the left.

I can fix this, unpin it, scale it to browser width again.

What happens here?

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found out, by moving two text layers a little bit to the top, using arrow keys on my keyboard, the whole widget gets taller and taller with every single tapping.

I t looks like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-21 um 23.50.44.png

Going steps backwards via "CMS/Z" reduces the size again.

I am also able to scale to browser width and it all right again.

Did I find a bug?

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be much more easy, if you create a new thread for every issue!

Believe my, the Muse team and the prerelease community tries to test as thoroughly as possible. It is simply impossible to take into account every single use case of every single user.

But now the facts:

Your last issue with the "tabbed panel" widget is known, but not yet fixed. This is one example for a bug, which wasn’t noticed by anybody before release. And it obviously isn’t that simple to fix. Therefore,I think, the Muse team had to decide, to release the last hot fix update (2017.0.1) without touching this issue. If they hadn’t done this, users would have to wait too long for fixing some other crucial issues. It is surely no fun, that such problem are going to happen, but – as I think – unavoidable.

I found some ways to fix the problem:

• I am quite sure, that you deleted one – the last – tab, before the problem occurs.

• If so: Don’t delete the last, but the middle tab, and all works well, or

• When you have placed the widget, right click onto it and choose "Clear all Styxling" and "Clear Widget Contents", and all will work as expected

Your other issues:

Create a new site with only one page and only the elements, which demonstrate your issue. (This is helpful, because it massively  saves download- and analysing-time).

Upload this .muse file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look.

Thus, time consuming „question and answer“ games or pure guessing can be considerably reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, thanks for the props overall. Guess you are right, but in this case, frustration was too high.

Facts:

• I am quite sure, that you deleted one – the last – tab, before the problem occurs.

• If so: Don’t delete the last, but the middle tab, and all works well, or

I did not delete any of the tabs before-the issue occurred on a fine working file after opening it in Muse 2017.

What you saw in my last "answer": I put the old tab completely to the side (for content issues and be able to copy and paste

into the completely new tab), started with the completely new tab (remember, I thought I overlooked some mistake on my side).

The resizing is quite strange though. From the new tab I started to delete all tabs except one, set this all with script, text formatting, colour and size, and started to add then three more tabs (I need four of them). After the last/fourth tab I cannot make it fit anymore.

So first I`ll give it a try-and start with: "Clear all Styxling" and "Clear Widget Contents".

Is this something recommended as default (do this all the time with any widget)?

For the tabs: it works with four tabs. So far it is only the first tab with content. I`ll see, what happens to the other

tabs with different content for each.

So far so good.

The other issue: using keyboard arrows to place the separate layers has disappeared.

Thanks for the night.

That issue:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-21 um 21.28.30.png

If I do this on a completely new page, this might not occur but I give it a try later.

Again: many thanks

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So first I`ll give it a try-and start with: "Clear all Styxling" and "Clear Widget Contents".

Is this something recommended as default (do this all the time with any widget)?

testing is what I recommend with every widget and every website... i.e, publish it to Adobe bc and try all the options on as many browsers as you own, not just look in preview and assume

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is not solved, unfortunately.

I start with a new file, keep everything by default, browser width 1160px, fixed width, centered.

I add the widget with the tabs.

Dropbox - selfpinning issue.muse.zip

I added the corresponding muse file.

As written in the new site, pinning happens by default to the left with textlayers.

Tabs are very difficult to handle (add a second tab for example), once the style and the content is deleted.

Still, thinking about your submissions, Guenter, everything should work at least with the Muse Intern widgets. To scale widgets to browser width without any issue, this was one of the biggest advantages. I understand very well, that this issue has its history starting very much earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the problem, and will report it in the prerelease forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Guenter.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guenter, I do now try to rebuild the site in the prerelease. Isn`t there a special prerelease forum? Of course it shows the same issues so far. But I cannot find the corresponding forum.

I know, there´s a way to use an older version of Muse, because my clients site, which I gladly still have in a version from 07/2016

need some fixes anyway.

I also remember from another thread, in which your name (MacHeibu) was written, you have some props to work with responsive

and a special grid system?

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

found it. Nicely hidden. Under "Fehlermeldung/Funktionswunsch".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Prerelease forum: https://www.adobeprerelease.com You have to log in with your Adobe ID, and choose Muse Prerelease after clicking onto "Available Programs". Be aware: Once saved a project in the prerelease version, you can't revert it to the former version. So retain a valid backup file! And: The prerelease version installes parallel to the actual shipped version. There will be no conflicts.

• Reverting to an older Muse version: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9144372#9144372. You won't need ths, because the prerlease version doesn't delete the actual version.

• Concerning "grid system": Can't remember, that I wrote something about this. Do you have a link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I search again for the grid system. I was quite sure about your name.

I know about the fact, that I can`t revert to an older version. I still have the "old" version.

I also found the forum.

I need the older version of Muse to fix the exosting site from my client.

As of now there´s a "pinned to the left" version of the tab-widget released.

I hope I can fix this.

Thanks

23/01/2017

As of this reading – I went back to Muse 2015.2. (with this version I created the site once : www.schwimmbeihecht.de).

Work at the beginning is just fine, it gets selfresizing after I added a galerie to the third tab.

From there on it doesn`t fit anymore and the whole tab section is tabbed to the left instead of being centered.

This might be helpful for finding the bug.

I´ll give it a try now and delete the slideshow and watch out if this solves the first issue.

Uwe

24/01/2017

I finally found a workaround for the tab-bug-responsive-selfpinning-selfresizing issue.

I did it the old way with a composition, deleted all settings and content of the composition,

made the first field/button/colour and duplicated it by clicking + on the right hand side.

I did all this with MUSE 2015.2. This version has the same issue BTW.

As written before, in MUSE 2017 I first tried to delete the slideshow from the tab-widget – that didn`t work at all – resizing got even more strange – when I tried

to rdeuce size, it got bigger and bigger.

Anyway, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines