Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Private comments on animated slides published as PDF

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a lecturer. Some of my PowerPoint slides are animated or contain video clips. So far I've published a (static) PDF version of the slides, and my students where able to add private comments or highlight some text in their downloaded copy of the PDF. Of course, the students were missing the animations. 

Thus, I just downloaded a trial version of Adobe Presenter to improve on this. In fact, I'm able to publish the slides as (dynamic) PDF, including the animations. To view this PDF the students need to install the Flash Player.

But now, I was not able to add private comments or to highlight text while viewing the PDF with the Flash Player, as it was possible with static PDF.

How to solve this problem? Is it possible to have both, animated slides and the possibility to add private comments?

Best regards,

Manfred Stadel

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Meanwhile I've also installed a trial version of Acrobat DC. Now I'm able to add video clips to my PowerPoint slides such that they are included in the created static PDF as active elements so that students can play them, while still being able to make private annotations to other slides.

This seems to bei one solution to my problem - but I would appreciate it very much if someone else could provide me with a more elegant solution. Note, I'm a newcomer attempting to use the Adobe tools to improve my presentation handouts.

Best regards,

Manfred Stadel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources