1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2017 2:20 PM by johnrellis

Can I batch-apply auto tone partially with a LUA plugin?

Squisterson

I'm new to the Lightroom SDK, and before I spend time learning how to write a plugin, I just wanted to check if the following is possible to do:

Having selected multiple photos (preferably in the Library's grid view) I'd like to run my plugin and specify a percentage of Auto Tone to apply. Meaning: If I specify 50%, each photo's exposure will be set halfway between its current value and the exposure value the Auto Tone function would have chosen for that photo (same for white balance, contrast, highlights, shadows, whites and blacks).

And would it also work with resetting the values by a specific percentage, instead of using the Auto Tone values?

Capture Monkey's The Fader provides similar functionality, but only works on a single photo at a time, and only in Develop mode. Incidentally, is The Fader written entirely in LUA, or is it using an additional language?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Can I batch-apply auto tone partially with a LUA plugin?
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

Having selected multiple photos (preferably in the Library's grid view) I'd like to run my plugin and specify a percentage of Auto Tone to apply.

I think the plugin could first apply an autotone preset with, then get the develop settings, adjust them as desired, and apply the settings.  (There are one or more threads elsewhere about how to work around a bug in which the plugin has to force LR to actually compute the autotone settings.)  Use photo:applyDevelopPreset() and the undocumented photo:applyDevelopSettings() to apply settings (see the "documentation" in another thread in this forum), photo:getDevelopSettings() to get the settings.

Plugins can apply these operations to multiple selected photos in Library mode.  (My Any Preset plugin does it.)