• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed Acrobat Standard - but end up with Pro on a trial license.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guys - I've just been added to my company account, and when downloading the provided link after activation (for acrobat standard dc) it runs up immediately as acrobat pro dc on a 7 day trial.

I've run the cleaner, but that's not changed anything.  It's weird and really annoying - and I don't particularly want to have any hassle getting it running when I'm out of the office.  Currently running Windows 10 Enterprise on a domain account.

2017-01-23 14_29_35-Adobe Acrobat Installer.png2017-01-23 14_40_52-.png

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi scottyman,

Please try the steps provided in the following link to convert the trial to licensed version:

Convert Acrobat Pro DC trial to a full license

Check if it helps and let us know if you still experience the issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the issue appears to be that Pro is installed not Standard, even though standard was downloaded. I don't have a Pro license - only a Standard license

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi scottyman,

Please runt the cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  and restart your system.

Then try to install application from here:  Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, XI, or X

Once the application installed, open it and go to Help menu > About Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and check if the classic version installed.

Let us know, if you still get the trial message.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately – still does exactly the same thing – that's what I'd tried previously, and running the downloaded installer but still runs up as Pro – it doesn't seem to matter what version I download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi

2017-01-27 10_15_33-.png

It's really weird - I've run the cleaner, and completely removed the ProgramData\Adobe folder and anything else I can find, but still behaves the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scottyman,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Are you still experiencing the issue regarding installation?

If yes, could you please confirm the Adobe ID you are using. Please send the Adobe ID in a private message.

*Note: Do not share your Adobe ID here on forums or any social sites, as it can be misused by others.

I have sent you a private message, please check your inbox. You can reply on that with your Adobe ID.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So - you'll laugh, but it looks like Sophos was at fault.  For reasons known only to themselves, they are running the Sophos DNS filtering service which intercepts all DNS requests to see if they have been hijacked.  It seems like the delay from our office in Aus to their DC in Ireland was enough of a delay to prevent the requests from resolving so it never checked my entitlement.  I've got Wireshark traces with show about a 3 second delay for those DNS requests to complete their RTT to the Irish datacenter which I suspect was enough to break the entitlement lookup.  A possible enhancement (if we can't avoid Sophos fuckwittery) would be to increase the lookup delay to 30 seconds, but quite frankly it's unacceptable behaviour by an AV vendor.  Apologies for wasting your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scottyman,

Thank you for letting us know the reason behind the issue.

Please do let us know if you need any help in future.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been corrected. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SMURPHETTA,

Glad to know that it is resolved.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Minakshi,

we are downloading Adobe Acrobat Standard 2017 from the below link

Download Acrobat 2017

But after installing it is showing Adobe Acrobat Pro

can you please help? how can we use standard license if Pro is isntalled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the same installer. You must enter your serial number during install to tell it what you paid for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Had Pro as a trial, purchased subscription to Standard and downloaded Standard version. (after uninstalled Pro version)  But still coming up as Pro and saying my trial has expired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try to rename the SLStore folder to SLStore_old at (systemdrive)\ProgramData\Adobe then relaunch the Adobe Acrobat

For Adobe Acrobat 2017 pro and standard uses the same installer it is suppose to change version according to the serial key. Sometimes if trial get activated first it become pro version, it will not activate to Standard even if you key in Standard key or reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines