• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Team Project - Moving Media & Relinking

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After moving some media around on the hard drive all of my media is located on for a Team Project, I expected Premiere to find my missing media when I relink via the "Edit > Team Project > Media Management" window. Under the "Offline: Missing Media Mapping" dropdown menu, I clicked edit media mappings, and moved the mapping to the correct location on the drive, but none of my media is reconnecting!

This is a HUGE flaw in this system. For some reason it works great, until I move media AFTER it's been mapped.

Am I doing something wrong?

There's a lot of very important edits I'm missing now cause of this problem and need a solution ASAP!

Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try using the New mapping to navigate to the media "new" location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious if that worked for you? So far, I'm not a fan of team projects...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share some information about why you are not a fan of Team Projects.

We are still in Beta and are working very hard to make the service solid for our customers. Understanding what you don't like will help us improve the service for everyone.

Thanks,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Thanks for asking.

Not a fan of having to be a Teams or Enterprise subscriber.

We have a Team subscription for 5 seats in house and our freelancers have

individual CC accounts.

If we want to work with them we have to pay for another license.

I understand that may somehow make it easier while in beta, but suggest

some other way to control credentials when rolled out.

It feels a bit like double dipping on Adobe's behalf.

Other than that there are just a few of bugs I have posted that need

exterminating.

Thanks again,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Andrew for sharing your feedback on Team Projects.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I LOVE the phrase it seems like abobe is DOUBLE DIPPING!!! So funny and so TRUE! My team all have their own accounts for CC and I dont mind paying a small fee to have them on my team - but to have to pay for their PPro license all over again seems exactly like double dipping because it IS double dipping.  I have a great screenshot of a convo with adobe chat:

ME: It seems like I am paying twice for the use of premiere  - once for team projects and once for my use of all the apps.  so there should be a team use fee of $5 or something - but as it is I am paying for PPro twice, right?

Adobe Guy on chat: (no answer at first)

ME: So i am basically paying for PPro twice right?!

Adobe guy: Yes, that's right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I clicked edit media mappings, and moved the mapping to the correct location on the drive, but none of my media is reconnecting!

I am not sure what you mean when you make this statement. There are no options to move media mappings in "Edit Media mappings" dialog.

I have tried to explain the media management in some details. Please refer the following post and let me know if that solves your issue.

Media Management in Team Projects

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Media Mapping button doesn't seem to do anything when I choose a folder and click choose. Am I doing something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nate, did the FAQ below help you understand how to fix your problem?

FAQ: How do I perform Media Management in Team Projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still not answered and the only way I have figured out how to get my media back online is one at a time. This is complete crap for over 1000 clips. The team project is a waste of money from my experience so far and Adobe customer service doesnt even know how to fix issues. I have had to chat with three service reps and none of them have solved my problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is still not answered?? I don't see a question in this thread from you?

Please can you explain more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

look at the top of the freaking page. Your canned responses are useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug has not been solved, that a better response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot of your Media Management dialog so I can help you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media mapping top left, timeline bottom left. All the video folders(most are not linked or linking unless I do it one at a time) right. Remapping media has not helped, an Adobe rep said to do it one at a time(for over 1000 items, yeah thanks for nothing). Friday project opened up fine. Hasn't been open since Friday until today. All of a sudden everything isn't linking. Nothing has been moved, no new drives have been added, no changes at all.

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 2.14.54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Can you also send me a screenshot of the Edit Media Mappings dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 4.06.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off the phone with an Adobe engineer and he helped me understand the media mapping window more.

When making a new media mapping a folder has to be selected in the left pane before the mapping will take effect. I was trying to just add a new media mapping without selecting a folder to map first.

once I was shown this it found most of my missing files. Any questions for me about it please let me know I can send screen shots.

Thank you Soenke, you helped save a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no resolution to this??? It's been 7 months since staff responded and an update to premiere has happened in that time. What is going on here. I'm sitting in a team project with over 1200 clips all of which won't link without manually clicking on the clip. It will search a folder and skim right over the clips when searching and drive mapping doesn't do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TopherWallace  wrote

Still no resolution to this??? It's been 7 months since staff responded and an update to premiere has happened in that time. What is going on here. I'm sitting in a team project with over 1200 clips all of which won't link without manually clicking on the clip. It will search a folder and skim right over the clips when searching and drive mapping doesn't do anything.

I just got off the phone with an Adobe engineer and he helped me understand the media mapping window more.

When making a new media mapping a folder has to be selected in the left pane before the mapping will take effect. I was trying to just add a new media mapping without selecting a folder to map first.

once I was shown this it found most of my missing files. Any questions for me about it please let me know I can send screen shots.

Thank you Soenke, you helped save a lot of time.

----------------------------

I deleted my files from my creative cloud folder and thought I had already pointed Premiere to my new dropbox folder on another drive.  My entire project turned red.  Couldn't figure out how to get the media to relink, until I read the above comment.  It does work.  Go into Edit > Team Project > Media Management.  In the new window select the files that have been moved into the "Missing" section, after selecting the old or missing folder, select New Media Mapping and then select your new folder.  My project is currently rebuilding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i had to delete my current mappings--edit media mappings>then delete all your current mappings--after you delete your current mappings, then try new media mapping. this worked for me. I selected a folder on the left and mapped it to the new location folder an it synced all the files at one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's quite simple to re-link, but Team Projects deals w/ mapping in a very interesting way.

Literally highlight the "offline" media, right-click, and select "Make Offline."

Then highlight the media again, right-click, and select "Link Media."

When media is moved premiere doesn't truly recognize the media as being offline. You must force the media offline of a software level, and then follow the typical relinking process. Team Projects is a very powerful tool... but it has its flaws. I prefer Avid Media Composer's Interplay system. It's clutch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I seem to have the same problem in After Effects, "missing media" does not appear as missing in the media manager after relaunchig the team project. However, in AE I do not have the same functionality as premiere to manually "make offline" to trigger this work around.

If it helps, this appears to happen only when new footage or files are imported by another user. I can search for and remap it in the "found footage" section of the media management  section but this would be a PAIN. Best solution is to actually reimport the exact same footage and replace in the comp in the instance where it shows as missing. Their are only two users on this project atm, but if this were a larger team... it would be a NIGHTMARE. We are both on pc, both mapped to the same server where our footage lives in exactly the same way.

What is the workaround? Is there a fix for this? This is a test case for the team projects workflow, and I don't want to have our company bail on this just bc of this thing that really feels like a bug. It's been around since 2017 right? Shouldn't these basic functionality bugs be smooshed by now?

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
It would help to know what version of AfterEffects are you using and to see a screenshot of the issue you're describing. But generally, if both machines are mapped to same server the exact same way, then there should be no need to create a local media mapping and the footage should just be online for both collaborators. Do you maybe have 'old' media mappings on your machine that may point to a wrong location?

-Udo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines