3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2017 2:14 PM by Steve Grisetti

Croping 48:9 to16:9

grayushi

My raw file is 5960x1080 and need to cut off the extra wide portions and make it into 1920x1080. I know you can zoom in but that changes the quality I want to just chop off the edges. how do you do this?

• 1. Re: Croping 48:9 to16:9
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Start a New Project. On the New Project option screen, click Settings and select the option for Full AVCHD. Click OK and then, back on the New Project option screen, check the option to Force Settings and click OK.

Go to the program's Preferences (under the Edit menu on a PC) and ensure that the option to Scale to Frame Size is unchecked.

Add your video to your project and then add it to your timeline.

Remember to render often by pressing the Enter key on your keyboard whenever you see a yellow orange "render" line along the top of your timeline.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Croping 48:9 to16:9
            grayushi Level 1

I was unable to find where it auto imports as "Scale to Frame Size is unchecked" but it helped me find that you can right click the video in the timeline and uncheck "Scale to Frame Size" when doing multiple i can just select all buy pressing "control A". witch is good enough for me. thank you for the help.

• 3. Re: Croping 48:9 to16:9
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Look in Preferences, right on the first page -- the General page.

The exact wording of the checkbox is Default Scale to Frame Size.